|Job Title:||Operations manager|
|Contact Name:||Jack Hanson|
|Contact Email:||[email protected]|
|Job Published:||December 13, 2021 12:00|
40 hours, Full Time, Permanent
Highly Competitive salary up to £60,000 basic
Excellent company benefits including Contributory Pension, bonus scheme and wellbeing programmes
We are currently recruiting for an Operations manager for an industrial manufacturing company in the Northampton area. My client is currently undergoing large inevestemnt into the plant thank to fantastic recent growth and are looking for an Operations Manager to join their team and help to continure and drive the success. As the operations manager your job is to drive excellence and support the business to achieve its full potential through the management and supervision of all depeartments across the factory. THIS IS A PHENOMENAL OPPORTUNITY, MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT MISS OUT!!
Operations manager is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of all activities across the site. Responsible for management, support, motivation and development of all direct reports.
· Responsible for management of all shift personnel and equipment through Shift Supervision
· Manage and develop all shift personnel ensuring ongoing development and training
· Carry out annual appraisals, disciplinaries and induction training programmes
· Ensure EFP compliance to all statutory and regulatory requirements
· Follow, maintain and improve safety procedures
· Ensure compliance to all monthly and ad hoc safety training requirements
· Maintain a clean, safe work environment
· Communicate with the General Manager regarding company policies, system breakdowns, HSE issues.
· In conjunction with Engineering and Technical Manager, proactively troubleshoot and correct machinery problems to maintain production schedules and maximise machine running time
· In conjunction with Engineering and Technical Manager, ensure compliance to preventative maintenance programmes
· In conjunction with Engineering and Technical Manager ensure plant services are operating safely and efficiently
· Continual review of plant equipment to ensure optimal safety and operating efficiencies.
· Ownership of all Operations KPI reports using company ERP system. To include health and safety, quality, material preparation, machine run time, downtime, scrap, toolfitting, warehouse and logistics performance. Daily weekly, monthly.
· Assist in maintaining and promoting ISO 9001 / 14001 / 45001 accreditations
· Delivery of a motivated, continuous improvement culture throughout all teams – ensuring the smooth running and continual improvement of all operational activities that support profitability.
· Encouraging innovation and creativity in the delivery of effective best practise in operational activities, lean manufacturing, total preventative maintenance and continuous improvement projects, facilitating team effectiveness at all levels.
· Develop and cultivate working relationships and effective communications with all other parts of the business, to ensure clear lines of communication and ownership of specific tasks are understood and implemented
· Promote Environmental and Health & Safety initiatives whilst ensuring compliance with all current regulations and legislation, regulatory guidelines and company Standard Operating Procedures.
· Initiate immediate corrective action when either production, quality, HSE or compliance issues are highlighted and ensure that lessons learnt are embedded in EFP practices and these are shared across the business.
· Manage production planning and customer service through Plant Admin team.
· Manage Quality systems through Quality team. · Assist the General Manager in developing active human resource management strategies to ensure the correct, trained resources are in place and on time to meet safety and production needs.
· Any other duties as instructed by the General Manager
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's