|Job Title:||Senior Aerodynamicist|
|Salary:||£60k - 80k per year + On-site gym, comprehensive pension, life insurance, private healthcare,|
|Contact Name:||Reece Dixon|
|Job Published:||October 23, 2018 10:44|
This hungry Formula 1 are looking for talented and passionate Aerodynamicist to join our Aerodynamics Department in the UK. Working as part of the Aerodynamic Development group, you will be involved in the aerodynamic concept generation, design, development, characterisation and assessment of key components on the race car. This will involve the use of semi-empirical, CFD, wind tunnel testing methods and in some circumstances on-track testing.
Reporting to a Team Leader, your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Team Leader to define the best development strategies, based on directions and performance targets,
- Prepare, supervise and execute aerodynamic test and development programs, from concept formation to finished race car design,
- Extensive use of both CFD, wind tunnel and other tools to develop components, from initial idea to finished design,
- Provide mentoring support to our Aerodynamicist and Junior Aerodynamicist,
- Conduct wind tunnel testing (some shift work will be required) and reporting of results
- Liaise with race car Design Office and Concept Group
The successful candidate must have:
- An in-depth technical appreciation of semi-empirical, CFD and wind tunnel test techniques,
- A strong aerodynamic academic background of minimum degree level, and solid relevant working experience,
- A team-player attitude and the ability to work under pressure and minimal supervision,
- The capacity to lead a project, solve complex problems and achieve performance targets within strict deadlines.
The team offer a competitive package, including : a bonus scheme, comprehensive pension scheme, life insurance, private healthcare, 25 days holidays and great site facilities including on-site gym.
For more details or general enquiries contact Reece Dixon - firstname.lastname@example.org
As a registered candidate with Pioneer Selection Ltd, you automatically become eligible for our referral scheme. You will receive £250 for every candidate we place in permanent employment who has been recommended by you. Terms and Conditions apply please see our website for further details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's