Principal Stress Engineer
|Job Title:||Principal Stress Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Reece Dixon|
|Job Published:||February 14, 2020 11:32|
PRINCIPAL STRESS ENGINEER
A leading Formula 1 team are seeking to recruit a Principal Stress Engineer with expertise in the capabilities and specification of composites, metals, polymers, adhesives and coatings. The successful candidate will lead the group, developing the team's abilities, and playing a key role in supporting Vehicle Design and Production with all aspects of material selection, development and testing.
You will ideally possess a degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, will be able to work accurately under pressure to tight timescales, be self-motivated with a flexible approach, and have excellent communication skills. A drive for continuous improvement and development is required, both with respect to business processes and personal development.
- This is an opportunity to join a group central pushing the limits of what is possible with the available materials and techniques within a limited time frame.
- The candidate will be expected to be a lead figure in the organisation of their department, work efficiently with the design groups, R&D, and aerodynamics to achieve the optimum aerodynamic and structural solutions.
- Perform failure analysis to discover causes and recommend revisions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Develop and maintain departmental documentation such as to aid material & process selection, process control documents etc.
- - Develop and maintain technical contact with key supplier
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of FEA codes and a good understanding of structures and systems.
- -Ability to convey new ideas / concepts in an easy to understand and compelling manner to generate "buy-in" from key stakeholders
- Structured approach to work organisation with well-developed time management skills.
- Able to integrate and work well with personnel at all levels of the business.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
For more details or general enquiries contact Reece Dixon - firstname.lastname@example.org
As a registered candidate with Pioneer Selection Ltd, you automatically become eligible for our referral scheme. You will receive £250 for every candidate we place in permanent employment who has been recommended by you. Terms and Conditions apply. Please see our website for further details