Technical Services Supervisor
|Job Title:||Technical Services Supervisor|
|Salary:||£45k - 50k per year|
|Contact Name:||Gavin Klinger|
|Job Published:||March 02, 2020 16:55|
Technical Services Supervisor- Supporting the Continuing Airworthiness Manager in discharging the duties and responsibilities of the Technical Services department. Primarily responsible for the day to supervision of the airworthiness & publications section, supporting airworthiness activity, prioritising and delegating tasks and demands placed upon the airworthiness and publications section in the course of normal business activity.
The main responsibilities of the post holder will be:
- To ensure that all appropriate legislative and company procedures are adhered to in order to ensure continuing compliance with current regulatory requirements through supporting the Technical Services depart in the performance of its functions under Part M/A8-25 and Part 145/A8-23.
- Deputise for the Continuing Airworthiness Manager in his/her absence.
- Liaising both within the department and across the other business functional areas to ensure a common understanding of all department capabilities and capacity in relation to customer demands.
- Supporting the development of current applications and implementation of future applications within the department.
- Continually review the airworthiness & publications workload feeding in to the capacity plan to ensure so assigned tasks are completed correctly and in a timely manner, to customer and regulatory deadlines.
- Supporting the airworthiness & publications section through assisting with the completion of the following task types.
- Implementation of Maintenance programmes
- Independent validation of AMP updates in the MIS
- Compliance checks against aircraft configuration.
- Undertake reviews of incoming aircraft transferring aircraft onto clients Maintenance programmes or operator derived programmes.
- Defining bridging requirements to ensure compliance against aircraft AMP's
- Generate AD/SB compliance reports periodically or as required to support Aircraft Audits and Airworthiness Reviews.
- Analysis of defects against aircraft product types to determine trends against the Customer fleet.
- Review of incoming airworthiness data.
- Support any other such duties as directed by the Continuing Airworthiness Manager
The post holder would ideally have the following Knowledge and Skills:
- Use of Technical Records, Planning & Maintenance related software applications.
- Comprehensive understanding of Part M/A8-25 & Part 145/A8-23 & Part 21G & J.
- Comprehensive use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Comprehensive understanding of airworthiness records relating clients products
We require the post holder to have the following Education, Qualifications or special training:
- EASA Part 66 License or Aviation Degree
- Human factors training undertaken
- Recognised Part M Training Course accomplished
- Recognised Part 145 Training Course accomplished
The post holder should have the following experience:
- Previous experience in a management/ supervisory role within the Aviation/Aerospace industry.
- Minimum 5 years experience in an Continued Airworthiness Management environment.
- Proven ability to manage small teams and drive improvement within a functional area.
- Knowledge of Airbus Helicopter Products.
Key performance indicators:
- To be developed as part of the role
- Methodical complemented by attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure.
- Flexible work ethic with focus on meeting customer deadlines
- Self motivated- able to work without supervision and as part of a team.
- Proactive - ability to recognise potential issues and apply remedial action before they raise concern or affect aircraft operational requirements.