|Job Title:||Mould Cutter|
|Salary:||£10 - 12 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Beau Giambrone|
|Contact Email:||[email protected]|
|Job Published:||February 09, 2021 14:55|
Mould Cutter- Mon - Fri Days- 6-12 month contract
Salary: £10 - £12 per hour
Location: Henlow, Bedfordshire
We are currently recruiting for a Mould Cutter to join a fast paced manufacturing facility based near Shefford. The Mould Cutter is required for a 6 - 12 month contract working Mon- Friday days
The duties the mould cutter does (apart from the sitting down part max time sat down 25 mins) is very physical that entails:
- Loading virgin mould into the unwind unit, this requires the operator using lifting equipment to lift the mould of the pallet ( a lot of bending and stretching) then lifting the mould with the lifting equipment and manipulating it into position using arms and upper body strength, this mould can weigh up to 140kg .
- Pull the mould off the unwind station and feed it into the machine, the mould is coiled and will require effort to make it straight and also pull it off and feed it into the moulding machine, the feeding involves pushing and pulling and again this is using upper body strength.
- Once the mould come out the mould cutter the operator has to start coiling this onto the winding station ( the winding station is motorised ) the operator has to walk around following the winding station help the first couple of wraps to run straight (this part is very physical and it is like wrestling with a stiff Anaconda!)
- Once the first cut has happened ( 25 mins ) the operator has to physically unwind the mould and pull it back through the machine and wind it back on the unwind station ready to do another cut.
- The process from stage 1 to 4 is repeated until the mould is complete.
- The scrap bags weight 15 kg and there are four of them these have to be lifted and manipulated.
Skills required for the Mould Cutter:
- Experience as a Mould Cutter
- Use of Metal / wood /plastic routing and planning machinery
- Ability to work without supervision with enthusiasm and care as a mould cutter
- Reliable & trustworthy mould cutter
- Able to work as part of a team of mould cutters
- Relevant fork lift truck drivers qualification (Counterbalance)
The Mould Cutter will benefit from:
- Long term contract between 9 - 12 months
- Fantastic working environment
- Great team ethos
If you are interested in this role and feel that you have the right skills, then please click apply at the bottom of this advert.
As a registered candidate with Pioneer Selection Ltd, you automatically become eligible for our referral scheme.
You will receive £250 for every candidate we place in permanent employment who has been recommended by you. Terms and Conditions apply please see our website for further details