Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Callum Rhodes|
|Job Published:||June 21, 2018 14:24|
Mechanical Design Engineer - Formula 1
We are currently working with a large formula 1 Engine supplier that are looking to expand the Mechanical Design group within their ERS and ESS development teams. This role will see you operating at the cutting edge of hybrid engine technology within the most competitive Motorsport championship in the world.
In joining this global giant, you will have the opportunity to work in a brand new state of the art facility surrounded by some of the most talented engineers in the Motorsport industry. This supplier has recently seen the demand for their Formula 1 Power Unit rise after a spectacular rise in form. The Mechanical Design Position will come with a very good salary as well as a good benefits package around this.
Responsibilities of a Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Work within the Energy Storage System design project team.
- Conceptual and detailed design of the cooling systems, metallic and composite race car parts.
- Liaising with other technical groups including external partners and suppliers.
- Specification / design of test equipment required.
- Organisation and overseeing of rig testing.
- Data analysis.
Skills Required from a Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Previous experience of working within Motorsport.
- Experience working on thermodynamics, fluid systems and heat transfer.
- Metallic and component design knowledge.
- Experience working on best practices for machining, fixings, sealed junctions, fabrications and surface treatments.
- Experience in Catia V5.
- Knowledge of Formula 1 Power Unit installations.
If you are interested in this role and feel that you have the right skills then please click apply at the bottom of this advert.
For further details contact Callum Rhodes at Pioneer Selection
As a registered candidate with Pioneer Selection Ltd, you automatically become eligible for our referral scheme.
You will receive £250 for every candidate we place in permanent employment who has been recommended by you. Terms and Conditions apply please see our website for further details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Transmission Design Engineer
Engine Design Engineer
£0 per year + TBC
Senior Simulation and Performance Engineer
£65k per year + Private healthcare
Control Systems Engineer - Formula 1