Control Systems Engineer - Formula 1
|Job Title:||Control Systems Engineer - Formula 1|
|Contact Name:||Callum Rhodes|
|Job Published:||October 18, 2018 11:58|
Control Systems Engineer - Formula 1
Pioneer Selection are currently working with a legendary name is Formula 1 Racing, this long standing and incredibly successful Formula 1 team are looking to bring in a Control Systems Engineer, this role is a travelling position that will see you work on the car, in high pressure racing situations.
The team have had a long and successful affiliation with Formula 1 with engineering excellence and racing pedigree at the top of their priorities. The team have managed maintain an amazing atmosphere in the factory and at the track and provide their employees with a fantastic working environment in which they are free to follow their Engineering ideas.
This role will see you working trackside, working closely with the car and the team at the track. It is a permanent position that will pay a very competitive salary alongside a great benefits package.
Day to Day responsibilities:
- Take responsibility at the track for all of the electronic system that are required for running the car, with an emphasis on safety, reliability and efficiency.
- Manage the configuration and settings of the test car including software versions, settings, CAN configurations, logging configurations and telemetry/communications with the car
- Sign off on all box runs and systems checks.
- Work with the Race and Performance Engineers in instruct and coach the driver in the correct optimal operation, including all necessary track procedures.
- Ensure all additional sensors, logging requirements, test requests are supported to the highest standards including correct calibration and operational processes (e.g. zeroing)
- Monitor live telemetry and review offloaded data to provide feedback to both driver and race engineer on the state of the car, optimisation of the systems, diagnosis of problems and fault rectification of any on track issues.
- - Support the configuration and operation of the DIL simulator ensuring consistency with the track and testing/validation of new software versions and settings
- Act as POC for the factory staff.
- Lead the diagnosis and rectification of any electrical or control systems-based issues on the car.
What you will need:
- Significant experience working with Control Systems in a high-level motorsport environment.
- Exposure to on car software, settings and CAN configurations.
- Experience being trackside and working in a high pressured environment would be beneficial.
- Experience running and evaluating DIL sessions.
- Previous Driver coaching experience would be an advantage.
- A fantastic overall knowledge of on board Controls & Electrical systems.
This is a must-not-miss opportunity to further your career and simultaneously work in an aspiring group hungry for success. If you are interested and feel you match the skills needed, please click apply.
For more details or general enquiries contact Callum Rhodes - firstname.lastname@example.org
As a registered candidate with Pioneer Selection Ltd, you automatically become eligible for our referral scheme. You will receive £250 for every candidate we place in permanent employment who has been recommended by you. Terms and Conditions apply please see our website for further details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
R&D Engineer - Formula 1
Senior Composite Design Engineer - Formula 1
Composite Design Engineer - Formula 1
Mechanical Design Engineer - Formula 1
Aerodynamicist - Formula 1