CNC Programmer / Operator Machinist
|Job Title:||CNC Programmer / Operator Machinist|
|Salary:||£30k per year + N/A|
|Contact Name:||Reece Dixon|
|Job Published:||October 24, 2018 15:58|
One of the UK's largest supplier of hybrid and electric drive systems are looking for a CNC Programmer / Operator to head up their manufacturing.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, drawings, engineering plans, materials, specifications, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Checks stock inventory of materials and tools to determine the amount available; anticipating needed stock.
- Programs milling machines and lathes using Siemens and Fanuc controls and CAD/CAM; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by making and installing fixtures, installing and adjusting chucks and vices, tools, attachments, collets.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations and keep his workplace neat, clean and organized.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organisation goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Solid experience in the set-up of CNC lathes and CNC vertical milling machines
- Experience with programing of G code and Siemens ShopMill will be expected.
- Knowledge in use of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, ID, and OD micrometers, depth gauges, and indicators.
- Strong understanding of engineering drawing / geometric tolerance interpretation.
- Knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various machines.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing for demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to arithmetic, geometry, and algebra for the purpose of calculating material fabrication.
- CNC programming a must
If interested, have the experience and expertise, apply now!
For more details or general enquiries contact Reece Dixon - email@example.com
As a registered candidate with Pioneer Selection Ltd, you automatically become eligible for our referral scheme. You will receive £250 for every candidate we place in permanent employment who has been recommended by you. Terms and Conditions apply please see our website for further details.