CNC Programmer / Operator Machinist
|Job Title:||CNC Programmer / Operator Machinist|
|Salary:||£30k per year + N/A|
|Contact Name:||Reece Dixon|
|Job Published:||October 24, 2018 15:58|
One of the UK's largest supplier of hybrid and electric drive systems are looking for a CNC Programmer / Operator to head up their manufacturing.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, drawings, engineering plans, materials, specifications, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Checks stock inventory of materials and tools to determine the amount available; anticipating needed stock.
- Programs milling machines and lathes using Siemens and Fanuc controls and CAD/CAM; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by making and installing fixtures, installing and adjusting chucks and vices, tools, attachments, collets.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations and keep his workplace neat, clean and organized.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organisation goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Solid experience in the set-up of CNC lathes and CNC vertical milling machines
- Experience with programing of G code and Siemens ShopMill will be expected.
- Knowledge in use of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, ID, and OD micrometers, depth gauges, and indicators.
- Strong understanding of engineering drawing / geometric tolerance interpretation.
- Knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various machines.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing for demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to arithmetic, geometry, and algebra for the purpose of calculating material fabrication.
- CNC programming a must
If interested, have the experience and expertise, apply now!
For more details or general enquiries contact Reece Dixon - firstname.lastname@example.org
As a registered candidate with Pioneer Selection Ltd, you automatically become eligible for our referral scheme. You will receive £250 for every candidate we place in permanent employment who has been recommended by you. Terms and Conditions apply please see our website for further details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's